Building on Recipes: Pulled Pork Sliders


'Building on recipes' basically means you have to use one of my other recipes to make this one... So go to my Pulled Pork recipe, make that bad boy up and then come back to this recipe and give it a go. You won't be disappointed! I could use a lot of adjectives here, but really you just gotta try this... It's pulled pork, apple slaw and BBQ sauce on a toasted brioche roll, all of those things make my heart sing (or maybe its angina from all the bacon and pork I seem to eat? HAHA! No but seriously..?)

You will need...
1 quantity of Pulled pork  <- I normally get about 8-10 generous serves out of a 2kg pork shoulder.
1/4 wombok cabbage
1/4 red cabbage
2 large granny smith apples
2 large carrots
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2/3 cup of coleslaw salad dressing (more or less depending on how saucy you like it)
salt and pepper
8 small brioche rolls
smokey BBQ sauce (I bought mine but if you want to make yours, here's a recipe- http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/my-epic-bbq-sauce  ... I'm sure I've shared this one before!)

Method..
1. Cook the pulled pork a day in advance and keep it in the fridge overnight (this helps enhance the flavour and makes it easier on the day to have for lunch-unless you want to be up at 6 in the morning roasting your pork!)
2. Finely chiffonade (shred) the two cabbages, peel and grate the carrot, slice the apple into thin matchsticks and combine altogether in a large bowl. Cover with apple cider and coleslaw dressing then toss gently with your fingertips.
So graceful with my chef hands...
3. Heat a large non-stick frying pan on high (get it smoking!), then add the pulled pork and a few spoonfuls of the reserved cooking liquid to help moisten it. It will sizzle and spit, but the idea is that it will stick and blacken in some places and give an extra-delicious caramelised flavour and some crispy texture, just don't let it burn!
Took me a while to clean my stovetop after this...
4. Turn the grill onto high, slice the brioche rolls in half, and toast lightly.
I bought these Brioche rolls from a local Bakery/Cafe, Three Chimneys, Wollongong- they were delicious and perfect for this recipe! Apparently they don't usually sell them retail but I asked really nicely :-)
5. Layer the slider by heaping on a generous amount of pulled pork, drizzling with the BBQ sauce and top that with a mound of coleslaw. Jauntily place the lid on top and tuck in-just make sure you use a drop cloth because I guarantee you'll end up with pork juices all down your shirt!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

George Calombaris' Pasticcio (AKA Greek Lasagna)

Anna-Maria's Zucchini Slice

Beef, Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni